Some sightseeing suggestions in Dublin:
- Collins Barracks: Proclaiming a Republic: The 1916 Rising
- Richmond Barracks
- Islandbridge: War Memorial Gardens
- Kilmainham Gaol
- GPO (General Post Office): Witness History Experience
- Dublin Bay Cruises
Thursday, 1 September 2016
Optional theatre excursion
- The Abbey, Ireland’s National Theatre, is producing Frank McGuinness’s play Observe the Sons of Ulster Marching Towards the Somme. This memory play is a powerful reflection on the compulsion to remember. See http://www.abbeytheatre.ie/whats_on/event/observe-the-sons-of-ulster-marching-towards-the-somme/ for more information.
- We have arranged for a discount code for conference delegates for the 7.30pm show, Thursday 1st September. The discount is only available when tickets are booked via the box office (by phone or email) by quoting ‘UCD’. Discounted prices as follows:
Premium- €23 (usually €45); A Res- €20; B Res- €18; C Res- €15; D Res- €13
- The theatre is not able to take online bookings with this promo code. Delegates should telephone the box office on +353-1-878 7222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange bookings and quote the code ‘UCD’.
Friday, 2 September 2016
Conference dinner & exploring Dún Laoghaire
- Dinner at Hartley’s @ 6pm (Fee is a maximum €29.50 for 3 courses); if you are planning to attend, please register on the ‘Registration’ tab
- For further information on the menu see: http://hartleys.ie/food/groupmenus/
- Optional costal walk from the East Pier, Dún Laoghaire Harbour to the Joyce Tower, Sandycove (weather permitting)
- Enjoy some pints & music in Dún Laoghaire
Thursday 1st – Sunday 4th September 2016
Culture &‘Craic’ Weekend Dun Laoghaire – Rathdown
Irish Dancing Ceilis, Historical Walking Tours, Irish Art Exhibitions and much more! Click here for the more information on the festival.